This North GA Chevy dealer is buzzing about the Chevrolet revolution this year. They really are stepping up their game with new electric cars, like the Volt, and other upgrades in technology such as myLink. One of the most notable technological advances that Chevy has made this year, however, comes in the form of your smartphone. Chevrolet is now integrating the ability to control every part of your world, with mobile apps.
What are some of the features and functions of the new Chevrolet Mobile Apps?
The MyChevrolet App (Now available on iPhones and Android) will allow you to:
- Contact Roadside Assistance Quickly
- Mark Parking Spots (You’ll never lose the car again!)
- Set Parking Meter Alarms
With the OnStar RemoteLink App you will enjoy features such as:
- Remote Vehicle Start
- Control Door Locks (Much farther radius than a keyless entry remote.)
- Check Vehicle Diagnostics
The Chevy myLink technology was brought to our attention earlier this year. Currently this technology is available in the 2012 Equinox and Volt, as well as the 2013 Chevy Malibu ECO. While the Chevy myLink isn’t technically a “hand-held” app, it’s worth mentioning. With the myLink technology you can wirelessly connect your smartphone to your car via Bluetooth, giving you great accessibility with hassles and cords. Voice recognition will allow you to remain focused on the road while making phone calls, or even browsing your songs, artists, and albums from your smartphone. A few more great features worth noting are:
- GraceNote Technology – this picks up and fills in any missing information from your music files, such as album, artist, or song. This is the back bone of the voice recognition capability.
- Pandora Internet Radio – Pandora will be available on Chevy myLink for automatic steaming of your radio stations that you create with your Pandora.com account. This will stream live, from your smartphone.
All of these great features will be on the showroom floor of your local North GA Chevy dealer. Make sure you stop by to see what all of the buzz is about today!